CR-10S - Leveling the X-Axis

X-Axis issues


My YouTube beginners guide indicated I have to "auto-home" the CR-10. Fine except that my fully assembled CR-10S would refuse to auto-home.

The X-axis would zero, the Y-axis would zero but the Z-axis would not go down enough to activate the Z-Axis limit. The z-axis motors would continue to turn but the gantry would not move. The z-axis couplers would disengage.
So frustrating.

To make matters worse I could get the gantry to trigger the z-axis limiter if I pushed the x-axis down on the side of the z-limiter microswitch but then the x-axis would spring back up. There didn't seem to be an intuitive way to adjust the thing.

Frustrated I posted this to the Creality CR-10 3d Printer User Group:
My x-axis seems lower on the right side than on the left (the side with the z-limit sensor)
As a matter of fact i can press the left side ant it lowers but then springs back up.
This cannot possibly be normal (i.e. I cannot auto-home it doesn't go down enough to trigger the z-limit sensor).
How do you adjust this?
So battle of the responses raged. Some folks indicating I didn't need to "level the x-axis" others saying I needed to find a way to move the microswitch up. Others saying I needed to glue "something" on the bottom of the x-axis so that it would hit the microswitch.

A fellow CR-10 owner posted the following picture indicating that If the x-axis looked like that. Nothing was going to work. ;)
Took me a while, but finally figured out there were a couple of screws you could use to move the angle of the x-axis respect to the z-axis by a few degrees.




No manual no joy. Again thanks to the people in the Reality CR-10 3d Printer User Group group for help.

After this adjustment the x-axis was leveled at least good enough to trigger the z-axis limiter at the proper time.

Yay!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eclipson Model-Y - 01 to 03

CR-10S - Extruder troubles

Eclipson Model-Y - 04