CR-10S - First print (after one failed print)

First Print

As our first print we attempted to print directly from the cat.gcode file found in the Crealty SD card.

Unfortunately that print failed at just under 90%. Apparently the print got unglued from the bed and got knocked over. I'm told this is not the corrupted g-code found in some Crealty SD cards.

Since I wasn't sure about this "corrupted g-code" issue. I decided to create my own g-code out of the cat.stl file found in the same SD card.
 I loaded the STL file into Cura 3.2, used the standard CR-10 profile in Cura. I specified no-infill and a build plate adhesion. The layer height was automatically set to 0.15. A little over two hours later I finally get a perfect print.


Comparing with the original Crealty g-code our print looks more or less the same. The quality is the same.
The first print failed because the part did not stayed glued to the bed

We are very happy now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eclipson Model-Y - 01 to 03

CR-10S - Extruder troubles

CR-10S - Enclosure